Monday, December 3, 2007

Santa progress report

I had to come to a hard decision today. As readers of this blog already know, I have started development on a Christmas special that will be sharing a lot of code with my Android project. With less than a week left to finish developing the game I am at the critical juncture where I have to decide if I focus on finishing the game for this year or put the game on hold until December 5, 2008. After taking a look at everything I want to be in the game, I am quickly realizing that everything that I want to do with this game is not possible within such a short time frame. It is certainly possible at this point in it's development to rush something out the door, and there are numerous companies that would do just that. In fact, I suspect there are more companies that would rush something out than delay a project for a year. Still, I have an alternative christmas special and some One of those Weeks releases so I don't think my regular visitors will be overly disappointed with this December's releases.

The gamespot website has finally posted something on the firing of Jeff Gerstmann, though the news article doesn't give any details or provide any useful information. They do say "However, contrary to widespread and unproven reports, his exit was not a result of pressure from an advertiser." That may be true, but then why edit the review? It will be a long time before I start trusting reviews on cnet owned sites again. Had they left the video review alone and made a statement right away, I would be a lot less leery of them than I currently am.

No comments: