Wednesday, June 20, 2007

One of those Weeks

Tomorrow evening I put together the final tally of the One of those Weeks related site poll. This poll is actually going to be more important than voters expect, and is a really close vote so if you haven't voted yet go to BlazingGames.com and cast your vote. At the same time as the results are announced, you will be able to play the final episode of Day 4.

Episode 28 is a special episode as it is the last episode that is going to be compiled for the Flash 7 player. Day 5 is going to be using ActionScript 3 and will require Flash Player 9. While it would certainly be possible to keep the rest of the series in Flash 7, ActionScript 3 is different enough from ActionScript 2 that I really don't want to have to worry about which version of Flash I am working on so all my Flash projects are going to be written in ActionScript 3 and therefore will require Flash Player 9. I don't think this is a big deal as most people can run Flash 9. The few of you who can't, well, I apologize but it is the logical path to take.

I suspect that future entries will cover a bunch of the migration issues and some of the nice features that Flash 9 has. I actually like Flash CS3, though still wish that the code editor was better. If Adobe were to drop the price of FlexBuilder when version 3 was released, I would really consider getting it and using it for my code editing while using Flash CS3 for all my animation work. At the current price level, however, I really can't justify the cost. I should also point out that FlexBuilder is different from Flex SDK (which is free).

No comments: