Friday, September 25, 2009

Deadly Dungeon now in 3D

Sorry for the delay in posting this. Yesterday the deadly version of Dungeon Romp 3D was posted. This is actually built on top of 1.0.1 of the Dungeon Romp game as during the testing of the game I uncovered a bug that was not reported to me. When you die on a dungeon level that is different from the level that the last marker is on then the level being rendered is different from the level the player is on. While this could have been fixed with a single line of code, the single line fix resulted in the animation of returning to the marker being lost. This was fixed with only a few lines of code where the player is transported to the proper level but at the same x,y coordinates and then the animation effect is applied.

As for what I am going to be releasing next week, I can't really say. I am hoping to have a 3-part Halloween game and hope to have the first part released next week. Depending on how far along in development I get over this weekend, that may not be possible. If development on my Halloween game is not far enough along to release the first part, then I will probably release Making One of those Weeks episode 35.

No comments: