Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thanksgiving

Chapter 26 of Making of One of those Weeks has been released. This chapter is a good example of how lack of time can change the direction of a game. This is also part of the reason why I am experimenting with other approaches to getting content for the site. My Game in a Day series (Dozen days of) seems to sort of work as one Saturday a month is not that huge of a sacrifice and the pressure of trying to get a fully functional game created in a single day is somewhat invigorating. I have yet to start on November's dice game and will not be able to do so as this weekend is a long weekend in Canada as it is our Thanksgiving weekend. This thanksgiving is more special than usual for reasons that I can't currently discuss. That being said, I am writing a rather lengthy article that does go over the events of the last couple of months. Hopefully I will get permission to post that article, but if not at least I will have it for my own reference.

The poll results were rather different from what I expected. My guess as to the results of the poll would have been Card being the winner followed by Tile, Board, and closing out with Word. I suppose that technically I got the middle two correct. The fact that there was an interest in the Dozen Days of Words series for next year was a surprise, but I will listen to my visitors and have that as the Dozen Days series for 2009!

For those of you who are wondering, I was personally hoping that Dozen Days of Tiles would be the winner. There are a lot of really interesting games that use tiles. I consider Dominoes to be a tile game and that alone gives me a large number of games. Still, that will have to hold out until 2010 or 2011 depending on the polls (if I have them) next year around this time.

No comments: