Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Parents and Blu-ray update

Well, it appears that the HD format war is officially over and Blu-ray won. I still don't care because I still don't have a HD television. By the time I do get one, if ever, there might actually be some games for the PS3, but the Microsoft Blu-ray add-on will also probably be available which would mean that I would have a tough choice picking a gaming console. To be honest, I am not sure HD is worth it. While my parents have a HD TV, they mostly watch standard definition television on it. What decent HD programs are available are way over compressed so the compression artifacts are very visible any time there is any action or camera motion. Still images, though, look really nice. It is sad that the transition to HD has been handled so poorly.

For those of you who are wondering what happened with my parents, the main problem is still happening and probably won't be resolved until March 31st, and I have not heard about the accounting problem but hope that is finished with. It is sad to see such good people having to go through bureaucratic BS, but there is nothing I can do about it. I will probably be annoying the few people who read this with a bunch of politics in April just to get everything off my chest. I apologize for that right now.

No comments: