Thursday, February 7, 2008

Friday February 8th update and the reason for February 1st

The One of those Weeks episode 22 source code and making of chapter have posted. If my current plans actually comes together the way I hope then this will be the last OotW chapter/source release for quite a while. I don't want to go into too many details about my underlying plans due to the likely fact that they won't come together the way I want meaning that I will have to make changes to my plans.

As for my decision to focus on One of those Weeks and Ultimate Retro Project instead of Coffee Quest, my thought process went along the following lines. First, Coffee Quest needs to be a primary project because there is no way that working a few hours every Sunday would work. Therefore Coffee Quest must be a primary project. One of those Weeks could be developed on Sundays, but doing so would make it difficult to ensure that I can maintain a monthly or better release schedule. This is something that is important to me so that means that One of those Weeks has to be a primary project. I can only have one primary project as that is the whole point of my trying to be more focused on my projects. When looking at all the work that has to be done, One of those Weeks has the shortest development time. As much as I want to get Coffee Quest 5 developed once and for all, the logical choice was to go with One of those Weeks.

No comments: