Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Spam

I have not had too much problems with spam since I moved my blog over to Blogger. Still, when I was checking my mail earlier today I noticed a spam comment was posted (I have blogger set up to email me if there are any comments posted). I am hoping that this is an isolated case and that the amount of spam that my posts get will continue to be a minimal amount. Thankfully if worst comes to worst then I take advantage of Blogger's moderated comments feature. The problem with this feature is the simple fact that I only check my email once or twice a day. This is probably all moot since this is a blog about game development and has very few readers. Sill I want to leave the possibility of comments open to readers.

Another thing that I was thinking about is changing the way my feed is set up. Right now only the first 256 characters are sent in the feed. I am thinking of changing that to the entire post. While this would probably eliminate almost all of the visitors to my blog, it wouldn't eliminate readers as they would be subscribed to the feed. If you think this is a good idea, email me through the BlazingGames.com contact page and I will make the change.

No comments: